Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Think Pink!" Tuesday

We cannot go any further on the subject of pink without discussing Elsa Schiaparelli.  So today we will talk about pink and classic chic!

Elsa Schiaparelli was an iconic figure of the 20th century, and rivaled Coco Chanel in being "the" name among all the great ateliers of Paris.  If remembered for nothing else, Elsa Schiaparelli (pronounced Skap-a-relli) was the woman who brought us Shocking Pink.

Take a moment to visit the website in her honor. When the Place Vendome appears, click through the door of her atelier, and then click on the perfume box that will appear.   Hear for yourself what Madame Schiaparelli has to say about "her" pink!  Visit Elsa Schiaparelli.

I have been a huge Schiaparelli fan for years.....I have purchased vintage Schiaparelli hatboxes to use for storage in my closet, I have collected some of her scarves (via Ebay), and last week I found her book, Shocking Life, on Ebay for a real deal.  (There is another book on Schiaparelli that is out of print, that runs from $100-$250....That is still on my wish list!)

My latest Ebay find (besides the book) was this terrific scarf, which combines two of my favorite colors....red and pink.  I especially like it because it is an oblong scarf....and there are a lot of ways of wearing it!



So today, in honor of Schiaparelli......think in terms of Shocking Pink ....tie on a pink scarf, pull out your bright pink purse, or check out Nars' amazing pink lipstick named Schiap......


What else could it be named?

Until tomorrow.....Think Pink!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post so much! Elsa Schiaparelli was an amazing designer, I wrote many papers about her while at the London College of Fashion. Love that Shocking Pink Nars lipstick :)

    I will break out a pink purse today in her honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! Loving all the preppy fun colors! Glad I came across it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am really enjoying writing it...and finding all these other great blogs to read as well.

    ReplyDelete