Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Find


It was Lilly Pulitzer Night in New York last Thursday, at the annual black tie Museum Dance for The Museum of Natural History.  Check it out on New York Social Diary!


Both photos from New York Social Diary.com

Also featured on NYSD's Shopping Diary this week was a sale at Doubles (Sherry-Netherland) featuring these gorgeous ponchos from Glamourpuss NYC.  The link to Glamourpuss NYC is at the left on the Shopping Diary page...

If you don't read NYSD, you should check it out...It's a fascinating find!

And speaking of Lilly and all things preppy....One of the precious girls in the photo at the top of the blog is my darling niece....and she has the cutest "preppified" room in her sorority house that she said I could share with my readers.



Isn't it wonderful?  Bright and fun!  I love that her screensaver has one of my favorite shots of Miss Betty at the Ocean Forest Hotel in Myrtle Beach in 1940..... Miss Betty adored her granddaughters!

And speaking of readers...thank YOU so much for visiting my blog.  This is only my fourth week and I am loving every minute of it.  As of my writing this post, the blog has had over 800 visits, and I have heard from many of you.  College students, young single women, moms with babies, moms of teens and college students (my peeps!) and women who grew up in the fabulous 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's who have all kinds of stories and experiences to share.  You all are awesome...as are your blogs!!  I am reading and loving them!!

Have a great weekend...

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. CUTE room!! Love the screensaver photo. Your niece must be a very sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece's sorority house is just cute! I love all the colors.. aqua, pink, green. I can see she's a Lilly lover too!
    I can't believe it's only been 4 weeks! It has been an awesome 4 weeks. I LOVE reading your blog! I look forward to it everyday, and I just love your Miss Betty stories!
    Have a great weekend!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those people look so cute all dressed up in their Lilly! I adore the dorm room...great style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?!? This is only your third week of blogging? I am so proud/happy of/for you! Well, darlin' you can count me as one of your faithful followers.

    Kathie

    P.S. For the record, you're a very talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the room! She worked her space amazingly well! I love the pink desk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is so cute!! I'm also new the blogging, but find it so so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this post made my day! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Lilly event, doesn't it look fabulous?! Maybe one of these days I'll get to go too! Can you imagine being surrounded by all that fabulousness at once? :)

    Your sweet niece's room is TOO CUTE! I did the same thing when I was in college! :) All dorm rooms need to be preppified, they are just so boring and cold looking without a little pink and green!

    Speaking of, you should think about participating in my Pink & Green Thursday next week! So much fun and I am going to add a little linky page so everyone that plays gets more visitors heading their way. I am sure you could come up with some great finds!

    Have a wonderful weekend, your blog has become one of my favorite daily reads. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute! Love reading your blog... love Miss Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wish i was at the lilly event -- there in spirit, since i wore lilly all last week!!

    your niece's dorm is the best! how can she not be a happy girl with all that pink & green around?

    am loving your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete